Sunday, July 14, 2002

Cricket in the US of A..
I am happy and sad..

Happy - India registered one of their best one-day wins (if not the best) in history.. :)
Sad - I was denied the opportunity of watching it on TV.. :(

This has happened always. And should be happening for other cricket fanatics like me, too. After all, I don't want to be the only loser!!

When I put off the TV and start my cribs about how badly India is playing and put it on again - a dream knock would have just passed. Crowd on TV will be elatedly giving farewell to the guy who played it and I will watch with this mixed feeling again.. Happy that he did it.. and sad that I didn't watch it!

Memories.. -
Remember bunking college one such day just to watch India play..
Test Match against South Africa.. Venue - Eden Gardens..
India lose wickets as regularly as TV ads inbetween overs..
Alan Donald is making merry..
The man whom I had hated for sometime then walks in.. I put off TV..
Put it on after an hour or so..

The same guy is walking off not even waving his bat to the frenzied crowd at Eden..

Score card reads..
M Azharuddin c & b Adams 109(77 balls) (18 fours)(1 six)

I watched that innings in highlights a couple of times after that.. I cursed myself more than a couple of times..

This time it was worse. I am in Seattle, USA! And down here..

Cricket - Leaping insect; male makes chirping noises by rubbing the forewings together

What are the ways through which I can bring cricket on my TV here? Friends in the Bay area tell me that they have cable operators who provide special timings on the local cable channels to tune into cricket whenever there is a match. There seem to be none like that here! :(

Poor me..

No comments: