Bhagwan..
I hear thats what they call Sachin in the Indian Camp these days..
Bhagwan..
Apt title, I would say... Cricket writers have tried many adjectives.. And were found wanting.. This one's simple.. And complete..
If there is one thing that opposing bowlers have to learn - it is that when you take Sachin on, you do that first and then talk about it..
Whoever has gone to press before the actual battle have suffered..
Caddick said he is going to test Sachin with bouncers.. He bowled once.. Four runs resulted.. He tried another.. The ball was thrown out of Kingsmead, Durban.. He didnt try any more..
Shoaib Akthar talked to pressmen more than to his teammates, one felt.. He realized talking is different from actually confronting the Master - and he did that in ONE OVER!
I am a major fan of Akthar too.. For pure pace.. That he finally did take the prized wicket - however tired Sachin was at that time - is just a pointer to the quality of game we had yesterday.. Shoaib taking Sachin was good for the game.. The battle's still on..
"Throughout this campaign there has been a look in his eye, the sort detected in Viv Richards before a final. Sachin means business. A mild man, he realises the time has come to leave his mark upon cricket's most prestigious tournament."
Says Peter Roebuck. Maybe yes. Maybe he has decided that it is time for him to leave an indelible mark on the World Cup.
I would consider myself lucky if that's indeed true - for I lived and watched cricket at this time..
Sunday, March 02, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment