Friday, August 15, 2003

Two Eggs..
So I was given two eggs when I visited this 100 floor building.. And the one who hand-delivered the eggs to me had time to explain to me that both the eggs were identical.. And they will break when dropped from a particular floor in the building and all the floors above.. When dropped from any floor below that particular floor, the eggs wont break when dropped..

My job was to find out from what floor will the eggs start breaking.. And I had to do that in a minimum number of attempts.. By 'attempt' I mean a drop of one egg..

I was given the freedom to break both eggs in the process.. Provided I give him the answer.. In the minimum number of steps..

I seem to have a method.. But want to check out if someone has a better one..

No comments: