Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Coffee, Tea and Trivia...

Being a true south indian, I have always been a fan of coffee rather than tea. Any day, whether it be at home or away, when offered a choice between coffee and various other beverages, I almost always chose coffee.

But interestingly enough, I remember that, I used to like the tea I had in roadside tea shops during college days. Its been only a very few times, but whenever I had tea at roadside shops they seemed to have a special taste.

Then I recalled that whenever I had tea in such shops, it was usually combined with a light snack - either molaga bajji or the 1 rupee tea cake or butter bisket or whatever else was available. And that happens to be the secret. I find that tea tastes better when it is usually accompanied with a little snack like one of those. It can be literally any snack - yesterday i experimented with just a couple of toasted bread slices. And tea tastes drastically different... And good!

Here is your little great evening tea-time recipe then (for two people) :-)
- Boil milk with two (tea)spoons of tea and equal amount of sugar
- Add pieces of ginger to it and let it boil
- As the tea takes time to boil, get your little snack ready in a plate
- Filter tea
- Have tea and snack in alternate sips and bites (start with a bite of the snack)

And lo! You have discovered the real taste of tea.
Later...

No comments: