Bride and Prejudice...
I saw Bride and Prejudice and pretty much liked everything except Aishwarya Rai.. Granted that some of the dialogues were completely out of place and there was maybe something else that I could have disliked... But none of the other shortcomings of the movie stood out like the presence of Aishwarya Rai... So I thought I should mention that...
This lady who was travelling with me was jumping in joy after watching the movie... She said she loved it... So, I should also mention that Gurinder Chhaddha (I know the spelling is wrong.. Never mind) has successfully established a distorted image of Indian culture to the western world through this movie...
Agreed, the arranged marriage system somewhat resembles a shopping market in some places... But there was no necessity to underline it so much, that you only see the underline and nothing much else in the movie...
No comments:
Post a Comment