The Bridge over River Kwai..
Its 200 times now, approximately!
Thats how many times I have received this mail about that bridge between Rameswaram and Lanka. Yes, NASA has supposedly given some photographs that indicate that there was some stone structure connecting the two regions! And the mail claims that this is the bridge that those guys - Nala, Neela along with the help of an over-ambitious squirrel, built sometime during Ramayana!!
I dont know whether NASA - which is probably capable of doing such crap - actually did this or not! For the odds of 1000 - 1, I can take a bet that NASA didnt.. And win..
But the point is, I dont care!!
I am amazed at this unique ability of such mails to reinvent themselves! This particular mail that I am talking about came over some 2 years ago to me(200 times may be).. and now that I have forgotten about it completely, it strikes back!!
Hmph!
I wish - every mail client has the capability to scan through mail content that is being forwarded and swear really badly at the person forwarding - precisely at the moment when he clicks that forward button.. It just needs to scan the message for the following combination of words..
NASA-Moon-Russia-Pencil,
NASA-Armstrong-Never-Landed-Moon,
Taj Mahal-Hindus-Shiva,
--God--,
7-other-people-you-know,
Coca-cola-teeth-tender-coconut,
Coke-Pepsi,
Girl-Hospitalised-5 People you know-1 cent for one mail..
And ofcourse, not to miss out
Rameswaram - NASA - Lanka - Bridge!
I also wish - after swearing at him/her to hearts content, the machine reboot immediately..
I know I wont escape from spams even then.. But I guess, I can give it a try anyway.. Just for revenge's sake!! :(
Anyone with such technology please contact me so that I can provide you a list of choicest vocabulary that you can use for the first step described above! :-/
Friday, September 27, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment