Wednesday, September 04, 2002

In Praise of Idleness..
If Bertrand Russell were alive, I would definitely go meet him and tell him how glad and satisfied I was with all his arguments here. If you have'nt read it before, spend some time and read it..

I dont dare to spread this in my workplace.. For I fear that the people here are just too practical for my liking.. They probably dont know of Russell, his brilliant mind, and what he thought of these guys! Or maybe they knew and but didnt care to bother and jump out of a system that does not easily allow them to see beyond..

In these situations, I just love the analogy given by The Matrix. Sometimes I feel we are parts of various overlapping systems that tend to restrict us and prevent us from jumping out of it. And the winner usually is the one who jumps out of it, somehow! It is not just one big Matrix.. But a whole bunch of them.. All intersecting circles that lock us.. And close out our vision beyond their boundaries..

I used to play with ants like this.. Just draw water circles around a ever moving trail of them and restrict them.. I used to enjoy the fact that they tried their best to get out of it and still could not.. I am probably worser, simply because, atleast so far, I believed that those circular areas comprised my whole world.. The ants were better..

And you know what? The more number of circles that you get locked into, the less freedom you are going to have.. One of the group of people who have got locked into the most number of such circles are the work-folk - the kind who sell their time and labour to help manage "others" daily activity.. Like I do.. "I help somebody sell planes better"! :(

If Russell was around, I would ask him to keep me with him to help him do his chores.. And will keep talking to him forever!!

That was enough "work"..

I just need such a mentor.. Am looking for one..

No comments: