Sachin as God..
During one of the many arguments about why Sachin is God when it comes to cricket, someone suddenly remarked, "If Sachin is so great he should have atleast one great fourth innings score, that would have romped India to victory in a test match"..
Valid point! A blemish indeed in the record of a great.. Not even a victory innings, but as far as I can remember, Sachin has not even forced a draw from his batting in the final innings of a test match..
It has mostly been meek surrender or extravagant shotmaking disasters! How I wished he scored a 50 when 120 was required.. How I wished he scored a 100 and more when 300 odd were required.. (so many times)
I remember Sachin accepting to this complaint in a recent interview..
I only remember the likes of Steve Waugh, Mike Atherton, Brian Lara and recently Adam Gilchrist who have waged single handed wars in the last innings to get their team to victory.. Against very high quality bowling - in each case!
Sachin - at that time - was busy stamping his authority on meek bowlers in supportive conditions (probable exception being Shane Warne)..
As Wasim Akram remarked the other day, probably I have to be satisfied with the fact that Sachin is a very good one-day player..
I dont want to agree to this, but I dont seem to have a choice! :(
Thursday, September 19, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment